This session will focus on the eligibility and contribution process of a defined contribution plan. Facilitators recommend bringing your laptop to this session to fully participate in the case study.
- Explore the various contribution types
- Understand how to design audit procedures to cover the identified assertions
- Identify testing procedures, including sampling, over payroll, remittance schedule, participant eligibility, and contributions, including rollovers
- Determine amounts of participant and employer contributions based on the plan provisions (e.g. eligible compensation) and annual limits
- Understand best practices in audit documentation