This session will focus on the distribution process of a defined contribution plan. Facilitators recommend bringing your laptop to this session to fully participate in the case study.
- Explore the various types of distributions
- Understand how to design audit procedures to cover the identified assertions
- Identify testing procedures, including sampling, over the various types of distributions (retirements, rollovers, hardships, loans, etc.) as well as the different forms of payment (lump sum, annuities)
- Testing will include vesting considerations
- Learn best practices in audit documentation