Auditing health and welfare plans can be challenging. Come to this session to learn what makes these audits unique, and specific risk areas that auditors will want to pay particular attention to.
This session will:
- Describe the unique challenges commonly encountered when executing the audit of a health and welfare plan
- Identify special accounting and reporting considerations for health and welfare plans
- Explain the different elements of the actuarial report (what they mean and what inputs the actuary uses)
- Discuss procedures auditors perform to test data used by the actuary
- Illustrate the general process used in selecting actuarial assumptions used in health and welfare valuations